Kids Savings Account is available in every Nigeria Bank nationwide. But the FCMB Kids Savings Account comes with a difference. Aside from been expensive it also offer some real time features and additional benefits.
For example, aside from allowing clearing cheques/check, it also gives Kids the opportunity to win cash prizes every week. It requires an opening balance of ₦5,000 and an operating balance of ₦2,000.
- Read Also: What Is Home Refinance Loan And How To Apply
- How To Activate Your Polaris Bank Internet Banking Within Minutes
- How To Open The Polaris Bank Campus Plus Savings Account
- All You Should Know About Polaris Rainbow Savings Account
What Is FCMB Kids Account
FCMB Kids Account is a type of Savings Account targeted at kids between the ages of 0-15 years. Like every other Kids Account.it is aimed at helping kids develop good savings habit from a very tender age.
Truth be told, savings and good money management habit is essential for adult. And the best way to cultivate this habit is from a tender age. In this article we’ll introduce you to the FCMB kids account, its benefits and how you can get one for your kid(s) with ease.
Why choose the FCMB Kids Savings Account?
- Opening balance is ₦5,000
- A non-clearing cheque-type withdrawal booklet used for withdrawal by account holder only.
- Requires a minimum operating balance of ₦2,000(which means that account balance can never be below ₦2,000 at any given time).
- Free E-mail transaction notifications(account holders receive email notifications anytime there is a transaction performed in the account).
- Free birthday cakes*
- Access to free ATM money box*
- Possibility to Win N10,000 monthly for 10 years in Kids Account pocket money promotion*
Who is the FCMB Kids Savings Account targeted at?
- The primary target are kids between ages of 0-15
- Secondary target market are the parents/guardians and schools.
What do I require to open the FCMB Kids Savings Account?
In order to open a Kids Savings Account, customers(parent/guardian) must provide the following:
- Completed account opening form(you can get this form at any FCMB branch nearest to you)
- A recent passport photograph of parent/guardian(preferably not more than a month old).
- 1 passport photograph of the child(preferably not more than a month old).
- Read Also Card Banking: New Way To Bank Using Debit, Credit And Prepaid Card
- FirstBank KidFirst Account: Better Way To Plan The Future Of Your Child
- Civil Servant Loan: The Best Loan Options For Workers In Nigeria
- Review of FirstGem: FirstBank Business Women Empowerment Scheme
Others (If customer wants to pay in clearing cheques)
- International passport or Driver’s License or National ID card or Voters Card, or Resident Permit (for immigrants) must be provided by the parent/guardian.
- Birth certificate of the child.
- Address verification e.g. Utility bill, recent bank statement or local authority tax bill etc.
Quick Note: The International passport or Driver’s License or National ID card or Voters Card, or Resident Permit (for immigrants) and child Birth Certificate are all means of verification. While the utility bill is a means of address verification.
How to open the FCMB Kids Savings Account?
There are two methods of creating this savings account. One is offline and the second is online using either you computer or mobile device.
For offline you have to visit any FCMB branch nearest to you, request for the form, fill it and submit. Please take note of the requirements above.
Second is from home with your computer or mobile device. To do this you need data, good internet connection and well charged phone lets 50% and above. We have put together a step by step guide with pictures on how to open the FCMB Savings Account online.
But the FCMB Kids Account does come with its many benefits as it allows more features when compares to the other banks. Kids also stand a chance of winning cash prizes every week with this Savings Account type. Please use the share button below to share our post on Facebook and Twitter.