We know that you might have lots of questions bothering your mind regarding Western Union and its operations. It’s not bad to ask questions in fact the Bible said ask and you shall receive. It simply means that asking questions is a good thing.
What Is Western Union FAQ
Western Union FAQ are questions that people usually ask about Western Union and its services. It’s called frequently asked questions because time and again people ask these questions. These questions are also likely to be asked generation’s to come about Western Union(if it’s services are still available then).
In this article we’ll take some of these questions and try to answer them one after the other. So just stick around you might just find the answer to your question.
- Read Also: 12 GTBank Most Frequently Ask Questions And Their Answers
- Get Up To 70% Of Your Salary With Polaris Salary Advance Loan
- How To Get GTBank Salary Advance Loan
- Diamond School Advantage A Current Account For Private Schools
List Of Western Union FAQ
Below are some of the very popular questions asked by users about Western Union.
- Is Western Union Legal
- Where Is Western Union Located
- What information do I need to send money through Western Union
- How do I pick up money from Western Union.
- How does Western Union work
- How do I use Western Union online.
- Can I send myself money through Western Union.
- Can I pick up money from Western Union without ID.
- Can I do Western Union with my Mobile Phone.
- How much does Western Union Charge for transfer.
- Is Western Union Working in my country.
- Why Western Union place money on hold
Let’s start by answering the first question and then moving on to others.
1. Is Western Union Legal?
The short and simple answer is YES. Western Union is a registered financial institution in United State that is responsible for sending and receiving money to and from various countries around the world.
2. Where Is Western Union Headquarters Located?
The headquarters of Western Union is located at Denver, Colorado, United States. And the present CEO as at time of writing this article is one Hikmet Ersek.
3. What information do I need to send money through Western Union?
You need a verified Western Union account. Then you need a debit card, credit card or bank account to send money from. You also need a mobile phone, a working email. Mobile phone allows you to send the money from online while a tracking code or MTCN will be sent to your email to track your transaction.
4. How do I pick up money from Western Union?
First you need to know the method used in sending the money. Then you need to visit any Western Union agent in your country. Carry a means of verification like National ID card, drivers license or International Passport. Use the MTCN and answers to question sent to you by the sender to pick up the money.
Pick up is usually meant for when the sender sends cash. Bank wire transfer is also another option in Western Union. Bank wire transfer don’t necessarily require pick up as the money will be paid directly into your bank account. But this option is not always available.
5. How does Western Union work?
Think of Western Union as the middleman between a sender and a receiver. We have explain everything about Western Union and its operation in this Post Here. Please read that up to have a clear understanding.
6. How do I use Western Union online?
You can use Western union online either through their website or mobile app. Either way you need to open a free Western Union account online. This account will now give you access to send and track money with ease.
Things You Need To Use Western Union Online
- You need a good electronic device to access the internet(mobile phones or laptops).
- Internet connection to enable you access the website or mobile app.
- Free Western Union online account.
- Debit card or bank account to send money from.
- A working email to receive notification and tracking code known as MTCN.
7. Can I send myself money through Western Union?
Well we can’t say for sure why you would want to do this but it is very possible. If you wish to send money to yourself using western union you can too. All you need is the right requirements to send and receive the money.
How To Send Myself Money Through Western Union
- Log into your Western Union account(website or mobile app) or visit any western union agent close to you.
- Select the send method you wish to use.
- Fill in your own details but that of a valid bank either in same country or in another country.
- Save the tracking code or MTCN.
- Carry your verification ID and visit any Western Union agent in your region to pick up your money.
- You can also use the direct wire transfer option to send money directly into your bank account in another country.
8. Can I pick up money from Western Union without ID?
YES and NO and we know this might be a little bit confusing but wait we’ll explain in a bit. Let’s get to the YES part first.
In some countries, you MTCN and answers to relates questions is enough to pick up your money from any Western Union agent without any ID. So YES it is possible to pick up your money without using any ID.
But the service above is restricted to some countries which brings us to the NO part. In countries like Nigeria, you can’t pick up money fro Western union without a valid ID card. Aside from the answers to the questions and tracking code or MTCN, you need ID card to make withdrawals in some countries.
- Read Also: Join Forex Trading Institute And Make Money From Forex Trading
- How To Manage Risk And Make Profit In Forex Trade
- Save Money With Style Using The FCMB Classic Savings Account
- How To Win 1.25 Million Naira From FirstBank Of Nigeria
9. Can I do Western Union with my Mobile Phone?
The answer I this question is YES. With the Western union website or mobile app you don’t even need an agent to send money. And you can also track the money with your mobile phone.
You only need a western union agent to pick up your money. And if you used the direct wire transfer option to send the money, then you won’t necessarily need a western union agent before money arrives in destination account.
10. How much does Western Union Charge for transfer?
It depend on the amount of money you are sending. Charges attached with a $50 transfer is not same as that of $500. The charges ranges from as little as $5 for $50 to about $10 for transfer above $500. The transfer charger depends on transfer method and amount of money been sent.
11. Is Western Union Working in my country?
Most likely Yes it is working in your country. The services of Western Union is available in some 200 countries. And they have more than 500,000 agents across the world. You can check their website to know if your country is listed among the countries.
12. Why Western Union place money on hold
There are various reasons why Western union might place your money on hold. The hold feature is meant to keep the western union transfer community safe. Below are some other common reason why a transfer might be placed on hold.
Reasons Why Western Union Hold Money
- Suspicious activity is one reason why money is placed on hold.
- Amount of money is also another reason. If the amount of money is too much then they might likely place it on hold.
- A single complaint call from their agent about a particular transfer can also place your money on hold.
There are lots of questions when it comes to Western Union and its operations. And one article can’t possibly answer all questions as it relates to their operations.
But the above are the FAQs that is asked by users if western union. If you have another question that is not answered above please leave a comment below.