Sending and receiving money across border is becoming easier by the day. The likes of QuickTeller have made it possible to send money withing Nigeria. However now about those who wish to send and receive money using Western Union? Well this post will show you how to send and receive money from other countries using western union.
- Read Also: 5 Easy Steps To Open A US and UK Western Union Account From Nigeria
- Answers To Western Union 12 Frequently Ask Questions
- Get Up To 70% Of Your Salary With Polaris Salary Advance Loan
- Features And Benefits Of The Access Bank Business Accounts
Send And Receive Money With Western Union
In Nigeria the feature of sending money to other countries using Western Union is restricted. Nigerians can however use Western Union to receive money from any part of the world. All that is required and the steps are listed below.
How To Send Money In Western Union Nigeria
1. Find the nearest Western Union agent close to you.
2. Fill the send application form with the correct details.
As at the time of writing this article, Nigerians can not use Western Union to send money to other countries. They can only use Western Union to send money within Nigeria.
How To Receive Money In Western Union Nigeria
1. You have to visit any Western Union agent close to you.
2. Collect and fill the Receive Money form at the agent location. Fill out the following details in capital letters.
- Full name of the sender.
- The country where money was sent from.
- Provide answers to the test questions(Sender will send you the answers to the test questions and you need in most cases).
- Sometimes the MTCN is also required. So always know your tracking code or MTCN number.
3. Show a valid ID card(this is very important as money won’t be released without a valid government issued ID card).
4. You are now set to receive the money. The agent will check the following details to see if they are genuine.
- The Agent clerk will check your ID.
- Sign the receipt.
- Collect your money
How To Pick up Money From Western Union Without Visiting Any Agent
This can be done in two ways. First the sender should select the direct wire transfer option. This one will make it easy for the money to be sent to the related bank account directly. It usually takes up to 5 business days for the money to reflect. However this service is not available in all countries.
- Read Also: Family Saving Scheme: Access Bank Savings Account For The Family
- Mobile App Banking: A Better Way To Bank At Your Convenience
- Win Cash Prizes And Scholarship From FirstBank Xplore First Promo
- How To Activate Your Zenith Bank Internet Banking Within 5 Minutes
The second way is through your Mobile wallet. But this is somehow really complicated and requires time to master how it can be used. However once set up, you can easily cut out agents asking annoying questions and cash in your money directly.
We can’t say for sure when Western Union will likely allow Nigerians to send money to other countries. But know that Nigerians are not the only ones suffering this. Other countries are also included and Nigeria just happen to be among those countries.
However, Nigerians can make good use of the withdrawal feature to receive money from other countries. Have any questions, please use the comment section below. Please use the share button to share our posts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.