With the Wells Fargo Bank website you can easily get a checking account online. You can easily get a Wells Fargo checking account online with just some few clicks.
We have put together a step by step guide with picture to help you understand the process. The requirements to getting your checking account is also outlined in this article.
We hope this simple guide helps you create your Wells Fargo checking account within minutes. Its easier than most people think and its very safe.
- Read Also: How To Open A Bank Of America Checking Account Online
- UK’s Barclays Bank Files Two Cryptocurrency Patents
- Increase Your Savings With The Fidelity Savings Account(FSA)
- Win Cash Prizes And Scholarship From FirstBank Xplore First Promo
Wells Fargo Checking Accounts
There are basically five types of Wells Fargo checking accounts. The Wells Fargo Everyday checking, the Wells Fargo Preferred checking, Portfolio by Wells Fargo checking, the Wells Fargo Teen Checking and the Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking.
Among the five Wells Fargo checking accounts, the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking is the most popular. Reason might be because it is the easiest to maintain of all five checking accounts.
Requirements To Open Wells Fargo Checking Account
Below are some of the things you need to get started with the process
- A computer device(mobile phone, laptop or desktop)
2. Good internet connection
3. Means of identification(Social Security Number(SSN), drivers license or State ID)
4. Billing address
5. Wells Fargo internet log in details if you already have an account Wells Fargo bank
6. Mobile phone number(this is very important as Wells Fargo can decide to call you if you are having any problem completing the process)
7. Working email address(WellsFargo bank will send you status notifications using this email address).
How To Open The Wells Fargo Checking Account Online
Below are the steps to open a checking account in WellsFargo bank website
1. Visit the official Wells Fargo checking account portal.
2. Select any checking account of your choice.
3. Click the the button below each checking type to start the online application
4. Next is for you to select from the list of available options. Select the first option if you are already a Wells Fargo customer. Second option is if you have a Joint applicant i.e if you are applying for the checking account with another person as co-owner.
If you select the first option, you’ll be asked to sign into your Wells Fargo online account. This will make it possible for Wells Fargo to pre-fill some of your details and make the whole process faster.
5. If you are not a Wells Fargo a customer also select the option. This will take you to the personal data page where you’ll be ask to provide information about yourself. The details you’ll provide include the following.
- Full name of applicant.
- The SSN of who is applying(Social Security Number).
- Drivers license ID or any other valid ID like State ID..
- Current house address of applicant.
- A valid email and working Phone number.
- Your date of birth
6. After submitting the above details you’ll be taken to the select option page. Here you select and set up what should come with your account. For example, debit card, add a savings account etc.
7. You can decide to fund your account immediately or later.
8. Agree to some terms and conditions from WellsFargo bank.
9. Review the information you just submitted to Wells Fargo Bank.
10. Click the Select to Sign button in the next page that comes up(This button will come up three times, select all three).
11. Submit your account for review.
12. Wait for email response from Wells Fargo bank
- Read Also: Nigeria Bank Code To Stop All Fraudulent Acts In Your Bank Account
- Bitcoin Trade: Legit Ways You Can Successfully Trade Bitcoin
- Trade Bitcoin: Legit Ways You Can Make More Money From Bitcoin
- All You Should Know About The FCMB Kids Savings Account
Picture Guide On How To Open The Wells Fargo Checking Account
Below is a picture guide on how to open the checking account in WellsFargo website
1. Visit the official WellsFargo Checking Account Portal.
2. Select any checking account of your choice.
3. Click the the button below each checking type to start the online application.
4. Next is for you to select from the list of available options. There are five Wells Fargo Bank Checking Accounts. You can select anyone that best suites your need.
5. If you are already a Wells Fargo customer you’ll be redirected to the WellsFargo Online Banking portal. Just sign in and continue with the process. You can Read This Guide for a step by step procedure to opening a WellsFargo Online Banking.
6. If you are not a Wells Fargo customer also select the option. This will take you to the personal data page where you’ll be ask to provide information about yourself. The details you’ll provide are the ones you see in the pictures below.
7. After submitting the above details you’ll be taken to the account Select option page. Here you select and set up what should come with your account. For example, debit card, add a savings account etc.
8. Next page is funding your new account page. You can decide to fund your account immediately or later.
9. Review the information you just submitted to WellsFargo Bank. Here you can also edit some of the information you filled. You also have the option of saving the information as Draft. See picture below
10. Agree to some terms and conditions from WellsFargo Bank. If you have the time, please read through the terms of service by the ban. It will help you understand how the Checking Account works.
11. Click the Select to Sign button in the next page that comes up(This button will come up three times, select all three).
12. Submit your account for review. At this stage the bank will review the information you provided and check if it meets their standard. This usually take within 24-28 hours for you to get a reply.
13. Wait for email response from Wells Fargo bank or phone call from an agent of the bank. Note that funding your account gives you a better chance of getting your checking account approved.
If for some reasons WellsFargo Bank can’t open the checking account for you online, you’ll be ask to visit any WellsFargo bank nearest to you.
Checking Accounts are preferred by many because it allows access to your money anytime. It also allows multiple transactions without limit. Unlike savings account that have daily transaction limit in most countries.
We hope this guide can help you better open the Wells Fargo checking account with ease. Please use the share button below to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter.