Debit Cards are one of the essential every day commodity of life. In fact it has make the process of payment and online banking so much easier. The importance of Debit Card in Nigeria can not be overly emphasized.
Nigerian Banks are trying hard to limit queues in Banking halls and the use of Debit Card in Nigeria is one such way to reduce queue. In some Nigeria Banks, you are advised to use the ATM when making withdrawals below N20,000 or N50,000.
But somehow the larger population of Nigerians have not gotten a Debit Card. There might be so many factors that has contribute to this. But most think it is difficult to get a Debit in Nigeria Banks. Well Mntrends is here to show you how east it is to get debit card within 3 hours from your Bank.
- Read Also Card Banking: New Way To Bank Using Debit, Credit And Prepaid Card
- FirstBank KidFirst Account: Better Way To Plan The Future Of Your Child
- Civil Servant Loan: The Best Loan Options For Workers In Nigeria
- Review of FirstGem: FirstBank Business Women Empowerment Scheme
How To Get A Debit Card In Nigeria
Of the three types of Cards, Debit Card is most likely the easiest to get. Credit Cards requires more information before it is issued. Prepaid Cards are even in a way more strict to get as they posses unique qualities.
To get Debit Cards in Nigeria within 3 hours please follow the instruction below carefully and you’d be surprised how easy and fast it is to get a Debit Card in Nigeria Banks.
- You need to have an Account with the Bank of your choice. Savings Account, Current Account, Domiciliary Account or Diaspora Account.
- Validate your BVN(Bank Verification Number).
- Specify the account number to be linked with the Debit Card
- Visit any of the Bank Branch near you request for the Debit Card form.
- Fill the form appropriately
- Your BVN is always requested for during when filling the Debit Card application form.
- Select your preferred card type(available cards are usually Velve Cards, MasterCards and Visa Cards).
- Submit the form and wait for it to be processed(this usually takes about 30-40 minutes).
- Once its processed if the card is available you’d be given the available card and asked to visit another Bank attendant where you would then select the PIN for your Debit Card.
- Read Also: What Is Home Refinance Loan And How To Apply
- How To Activate Your Polaris Bank Internet Banking Within Minutes
- How To Open The Polaris Bank Campus Plus Savings Account
- All You Should Know About Polaris Rainbow Savings Account
Sometimes Debit Cards are not always available in some banks.In this case you’d be ask to go and come back on a later day/date. But if it is available the whole process should not take more than 3 hours to get your new debit Card.
There are lost of benefits of using the Debit Card and every Nigerians should consider getting one for his/herself. Its easier than you might have thought and its relatively safe to own one.
The use of Debit Card in Nigeria is the next generation Banking. You should get yours today and enjoy moving around without cash. Tell us your experience using your Banks Debit Card using the comment section below. Please use the share button to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter.