FirstBank Nigeria offers its customers an savings account that have some features of current accounts. The FirstBank FirstSavings Plus savings account is a hybrid of savings and current account. Among others, the FirstSavings Plus allows you enjoy the benefits of issuing and receiving cheques while helping you achieve your saving goals.
Although it is treated as a savings account, FirstBank uses this savings account to give customers a taste of what current account looks like. Hence they can(to some extent) do what current account holders does.
Features and Benefits Of The FirstBank FirstSavings Plus Account
- Needs a minimum opening and operating balance of N50, 000. This is unlike regular savings account that requires a minimum opening and operating balance of N1,000.
- Interest rate is considerably better than that of regular savings account.
- FirstSavings Account Owners/Holders can lodge cheques or dividend warrants in their account.
- It allows third-party withdrawal through customized withdrawal slips or cheques in all FirstBank branches.
- For added security, the account requires references to open.
- Account holders qualify for interest payment on the account when they make less than 3 withdrawals in the month.
- FirstSavings Plus account holders can issue cheques to third parties.
- Cheques and dividends can also be paid in account holders name.
- Read Also: Firstbank Personal Loan: How To Apply And Its Benefits
- All You Should Know About The Firstbank Automobile Loan
- Review of FirstGem: FirstBank Business Women Empowerment Scheme
Requirements To Open The FirstBank FirstSavings Plus Account
- Duly completed Application Form
- Valid means of identification (Drivers License, National ID Card or International Passport).
- Valid proof of address of residency e.g. current Utility Bill not exceeding 3 months.
- Satisfactory references from two persons.
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant(s).
Who Can Apply
- Individuals and Corporate organizations can apply for this account type from FirstBank Of Nigeria.
How To Open FirstBank FirstSavings Plus Account
- Download the Individual Account Opening Form
- Complete the form and with the accompanying documents, submit at the nearest FirstBank branch.
- Read Also: How To Activate Your FirstBank Internet Banking Within Minutes
- What Is Home Refinance Loan And How To Apply
- All You Should Know About The UBA Personal Overdraft Loan
- How To Register For Firstbank FirstGem Business Women Empowerment
You can CLICK HERE to see a step by step guide on how to register for a FirstBank of Nigeria Bank account online.
FirstBank is tweaking the savings account sector with this hybrid account. With FirstSavings Plus Account from FirstBank, you can now have a little taste of both savings and current account.