Heard of UBA diaspora account? This account allows people from Europe to open an account in Nigeria. This means that once you have successfully created and funded this account, you can receive and send money within Nigeria from outside Nigeria.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR UBA DIASPORA ACCOUNT
The answer is anyone. If you are a Nigerian living outside the country or you are not a Nigerian but would like to own a Nigeria bank account then you can open the UBA diaspora account. Once you have this account you can send and receive money outside and within the country.
BENEFITS OF UBA DIASPORA ACCOUNT
1. Easy and cheaper way for home remittances for Domiciliary account holders.
2. Account serves as a major savings for Domiciliary account holders.
3. Access to MasterCard or Visa Dual Currency Debit Card (DCDC).
4. Check balances only; via U-Direct (for Domiciliary account).
5. Account can be used to settle payments for eligible transactions at home & abroad using UBA Direct internet banking.
6. Interest Rate of 0.1% on the foreign currency denominated account and 3.6% on the Naira account.
7. Free network transactions across all UBA branches in Nigeria.
8. Access to UBA home or land acquisition loan.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS TO OPEN UBA DIASPORA ACCOUNT
1. Completion of Domiciliary account opening form or Online account completion.
2. Recent passport photographs(2).
3. Proof of source of funds – Recent payslip, Work ID, Letter of reference from current bankers, business registration documents if self employed. For Student.
4. Admission and registration documents from school.
5. Proof of address – Utility bill not exceeding last 2 months, last 6 months bank statement.
6. Proof of identification – Drivers license, International passport, Resident permit/Work permit.
7. Completion of indemnity form.
8. Attestation of all requisite documents by any of the following; Notary Public, Nigerian Embassy, UBA staff or Customer’s bank.
HOW TO OPEN UBA DIASPORA ACCOUNT
To open this type of account is simple. All you need is a device to access the internet, a good network and data. CLICK HERE to fill the online form to open the UBA diaspora account. Get some official documents scanned and also two of your recent passport photographs. You will also need a referral account number, type in 2069566840 as the account number of your referral.
It is important to note that without the account number above you can’t complete the registration. Account number to use is 2069566840. Are you outside Nigeria and would like to open this type of account, use the CONTACT US page to send us a message.