Ever heard of google drive, ever heard of people talking about online storage. Well here is your chance to get to know about these two. Google drive is one of the many google product that serves as extra storage for its users. Google gives its user free 15gb online storage in the Google Drive platform. Now what is online storage, as the name implies its a storage device located online. This means that you can only access this storage when you are connected to the internet.
HOW TO MAKE USE OF GOOGLE DRIVE ONLINE STORAGE
Using the Google Drive storage is very easy. First you need to download the APP from the Google PlayStore. Once installed use any of your GMAIL address to sign in and start exploring your free storage.
LIST OF THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE
1. Save any type of file e.g Photos, APK files, exe Files, ZIP files, Doc files, PDF files, Videos, Music etc.
2. You can restrict usage of contents in the storage. This means that you tell who can access your storage and make edits to the contents you saved there. For example, if you have a Doc file saved, you can decide who have access to edit the files.
3. Download links: You can get a download link for all your uploaded contents. And you can generate a download link and send to people and anyone with this link can access and download the files. It could be music or video or even your photo.
4. Stream online: If you don’t want people to download your music or video stored in google drive, you can also create a link that allows them stream it online. Anyone with this link won’t be able to download the music but will just listen to it online.
5. Back Up Storage: Google drive is an ideal backup storage for your mobile device. When you start running out of storage space in your mobile device, you can try move some of your stuffs to Google Drive.
6. Multiple Account: The good thing about Google drive is that you can have multiple accounts. Every GMAIL account automatically have a free Google drive. Imagine having five GMAIL accounts, the means you have 15gb x 5 and that is about 75gb free storage.
HOW SAFE IS GOOGLE DRIVE
Google drive is relatively safe as no one can easily access your drive from another source. Except you gave you GMAIL password out, no one can access your Google drive. But if you somehow lost your password you can CLICK HERE to see some recovery options that will you. So keeping you Google drive safe depends on you keeping you GMAIL account safe.
Well now you know about Google drive and how you can use it as an online storage. What are you waiting for start making use of this free service from google today and worry less about storage space.