Mntrends brings to you tutorial on how you can set up iCloud Storage sharing on iPhone and other iOS devices.
To get started, your Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPad or, yes, even iPod Touch) needs to be running iOS 11 or better. This is only necessary for the primary device that’s sharing its iCloud account.
And Users with a 200GB or 2TB iCloud plan can share with up to five family members.
Steps for iPhone and other iOS devices
1. Go to “Settings” and at the very top, tap on your name
2. Select “Set Up Family Sharing,” followed by “Get Started”
3. Select “iCloud Storage”
4. If you don’t already have one, update to a 200GB or 2TB plan
5. Once completed, you’ll be prompted to invite five family members/loved ones to share your iCloud storage plan
Steps for iCloud Storage sharing on Mac
1. Open system preferences, select iCloud
2. Then click “Manage” at the bottom right
3. If necessary, buy more storage (200GB or 2TB)
4. From iCloud preferences, select “Set Up Family” Follow the onscreen prompts
5. Once completed head to My Apps & Services, select iCloud Storage
6. Select Start Sharing
Note: If you are sharing a storage plan, documents and photos remain private, and everyone continues to use their own accounts within the shared iCloud storage. Family members are only sharing available cloud space, not personal data.