You want to study more about cryptocurrency before you invest? Or you’re already investing but you want to be a professional? Either way, here are five universities where you can study more about cryptocurrency.
The five universities are in three Spanish speaking countries (Spain, Argentina and Venezuela). Among major topics of studies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, cryptocurrencies, blockchains, initial coin offerings (ICOs), smart contracts, DAOs, and crypto-economics.
1. Universidad de Alcalá, Spain: this public university is located in Alcalá de Henares, Madrid. It is a Unesco world heritage site and one of the longest standing European universities, dating back to the year 1293.
The school now offers a course entitled “Master in Ethereum, Blockchain Technology and Crypto-Economics.”
According to the school, it’s website states “The course is intended for “Professionals, students or those interested in learning about blockchain-based technologies from an integrative perspective of technical, economic, social and legal aspects,”
2. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), the Autonomous University of Madrid, is a public university located on the north side of Spain’s capital city. Established in 1968, the school is currently offering a short course, from July 18 to 20, entitled “Blockchain: from cryptocurrencies to business networks.”
“In this course, the technical foundations of the Bitcoin blockchain will be introduced, with an eminently practical approach, showing its limitations and placing special emphasis on the problems it poses regarding the intelligent management of records and their authorship,” according to the course description.
“As solutions to these problems, the concept of smart contract and its implementation and use will be introduced in Ethereum and Hyperledger. Finally, in the context of a roundtable, possible models and business networks based on blockchain will be discussed.”
3. Universidad Europea Madrid, Spain: the European University of Madrid, is a private university with more than 16,000 students. The school offers a 6-month postgraduate diploma in Bitcoin and blockchain which starts in October.
Six modules are included in the course: blockchain technology; basics of Bitcoin; security and investigation of the blockchain; legal aspects linked to cryptocurrency; innovation with the blockchain; and project development.
After finishing this course, one should be able to analyze in a critical way the technical and legal viability of solutions based on blockchain technologies and to develop integral projects related to cryptocurrency,” the school describes. “You will be a professional in the technology sector capable of identifying innovative opportunities beyond the conventional use of technology, adding value to any company in the ICT or financial sector.”
4. Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires, Argentina: the Buenos Aires Institute of Technology, is a private university focusing on information technology, business and engineering studies. The institute offers a diploma course entitled “Cryptoeconomics: blockchain intelligent contracts and cryptocurrencies,” which runs from July 11 through September 26.
According to the institute:
The program is aimed at anyone who wants to start and acquire the basic and intermediate knowledge to understand the world of cryptocurrencies, tokens, ICOs, smart contracts and the different types of blockchains.
5. Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración, Venezuela: this school was founded in 1965. The Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración (IESA) is a private non-profit Venezuelan business school with campuses in Caracas, Maracaibo and Valencia. The school is currently offering a course entitled “Cryptocurrency, blockchain and business in the new economy, opportunities and challenges for management and business.”
The 60-hour course runs from July 20 to September 29. Its content includes “bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and the evolution of money” as well as “international experiences in the regulation of bitcoin and blockchain technology.”
These five schools are located at Spain, Argentina and Venezuela. Just so you are interested, you can use our CONTACT US page.